Aaron Burr Cidery, Appinette
Staff Pick

Aaron Burr Cidery, Appinette - 2020

Item # 31289 750mL

A sharp, dry cider of Traminette grape and apple. Complex, with a creamy texture and focused apple personality, this cider is best served chilled. Aaron Burr Cidery, located in Wurtsboro in New York's Hudson Valley, is a small, homestead farm, dating back to the early 19th century. Their goal is to re-create "true cider," which was once the most popular drink in America.

This item is currently out of stock.
Send me an email when this is back in stock.
Free shipping on first web orders over $299
Grape Variety
This item is featured in a tasting on: tasting date
This item is featured in: WineClub
This item is featured in AstorCenterClass at Astor Center

Production Methods



Practicing Organic

Wine made from grapes grown without synthetic pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides in the vineyard.

Need Help Deciding? Get personal recommendations from our staff

Staff Pick Notes

We keep the Appinette with the ciders because it doesn't really "fit" anywhere in the store. About 70% of the blend is fermented from cider apples from upstate NY. The remaining 30% is made from Traminette, a wine grape descended from aromatic Gewurztraminer. Husband and wife team Andy Brennan and Polly Giragosian are dedicated to doing everything for their ciders themselves. That goes for every step of the process: maintaining orchards, harvest and foraging by hand, and long, slow maceration/fermentation in open topped barrel. As a result, their production is capped at 30 barrels a year, with no plans to ever increase. The Appinette is tart and more than a little reminiscent of a good pet-nat, and while it will throw some sediment it's a fairly clean flavor, with beautiful florals and citrus from the grape must rounding it out.



New York

New York winemakers have embraced international varieties and hit the ground running. The Hudson River Valley is home to the oldest vineyards in New York State. Bordeaux varietals are at home in Long Island’s maritime climate. The Finger Lakes harbors a burgeoning winemaking community where many natural-inclined producers focus on dry still wines. No longer is our fair state synonymous with Concord grapes and Manischewitz; look for brilliant iterations of Pinot Noir, Riesling, Cabernet Franc,...

Read more about New York

Sign up. Get 10% Off.

Get a promo code for 10% off when you sign up for our emails.


Offer available to new subscribers. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Does not apply to items on sale, solid cases, corporate orders, or orders containing an item priced at more than $10,000.